One of the world’s largest markets, the Chatuchak Market in Bangkok is a definite must visit and features thousands of stalls selling just about everything. Here’s a quick guide to get you started.
The Chatuchak Market is located on Kamphaeng Phet 2 Road and is easy to reach be you staying at a centrally located hotel or condominium Bangkok has to offer. The Mo Chit Skytrain (BTS) Station, as well as the Kamphaeng Phet and Chatuchak Park subway (MRT) stations, offer access to the market.
The main market takes place on Saturday and Sunday and is open from 9am to 6pm. Within easy reach of Ascott Sathorn Bangkok, Chatuchak Market also operates its plant section on Wednesday and Thursday (7am to 6pm), while Friday is only for wholesale buying (6pm to 12am).
Navigating the Market
The market has a whopping 27 sections offering everything from clothing to pets! You will find information kiosks that offer maps to help you navigate the areas. A few of the categories and sections are as follows;
• Clothing / Accessories: 2 to 6, 10 to 26
• Handicrafts: 8 to 11
• Antiques / Collectibles: 1, 26
• Pets: 8, 9, 11, 13
• Furniture / Home Décor: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8
• Food & Drinks: 2 to 4, 23, 24, 26, 27
Things to Keep in Mind
• Do bargain for better deals
• Wear light cotton clothing and comfy footwear
• Bring a backpack / bag to carry your purchases
• Bring cash since credit cards are not accepted
• Always be mindful of your belongings
Auburn Silver is a travel writer who has a passion for fashion and a deep interest in admiring new and exotic attractions around the world. Google+