Selection of the new 7 wonders of the world was initiated in 2001 by the Swiss Corporation New7Wonders Foundation considering around 200 existing structures and monuments all over the world. The final results of the most prestigious list of human creations were announced in July 2007.
The following fascinating structures were elected as the “new 7 wonders of the world”…
1. Christ the Redeemer – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2. The Roman Colosseum – Rome, Italy
3. The Great Wall of China – China
4. Machu Picchu – Peru
5. Petra – Jordan
6. Chichen Itza – Mexico
7. The Taj Mahal – Agra, India
* After much debate the Great Pyramid of Giza was named as an Honorary Candidate.